Taphorn’s Twelve Pack: College Football Week 10
Here’s your College Football Week 10 betting advice, drink at your own risk. Crack open six bets that I like and six bets that I don’t and pray for a great weekend without a hangover.
Week 9 Record: 2-4. -4 units; Year to Date Record: 27-30. -6 units; Degenerate Little Birdie Record: 5-4
Six Bets I Like
1. Georgia State Panthers at Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -12.5. Billy Napier’s team has been rolling since their Week 1 loss to Texas. Less than two touchdowns at home against former USC head coach Clay Helton’s new team seems like a good bet to me. Bet amount: 1 unit.
2. Tulsa Golden Hurricane at Cincinnati Bearcats -22.5. The Bearcats aren’t too happy with their College Football Playoff ranking in the first rendition of the polls. My guess is they take it out on Tulsa to prove a point. Bet amount: 1 unit.
3. Michigan State Spartans -2.5 at Purdue Boilermakers. Is Sparty looking at a let down after a big win over Michigan? Purdue shouldn’t catch anyone by surprise after already notching a top five win this season. Mel Tucker’s team will be prepared and will leave West Lafayette with a win and a cover. Bet amount: 2 units.
4. LSU Tigers at Alabama Crimson Tide -17 First Half. Brian Robinson Jr. came out this week and said the players from the 2019 remember the way LSU acted after winning in Tuscaloosa. The Tide gave out a dash of revenge in Death Valley last year, but this year in front of the home crowd against a weakened Tigers team could get ugly fast. Bet amount: 2 units.
5. North Carolina State -2.5 at Florida State Seminoles. The Wolfpack are having a great season thus far but lost to an improving Miami team last week. The Seminoles came close to beating Clemson, but also came up short. My gut tells me the Wolfpack are more equipped to bounce back. Bet amount: ½ unit.
6. Oklahoma State Cowboys -2.5 at West Virginia Mountaineers. Mike Gundy’s mullet should feel right at home in Morgantown. The Cowboys lost to an underrated Iowa State team two weeks ago, but still control their destiny as far as the Big 12 is concerned. Bet amount: ½ unit.
*Degenerate Little Birdie’s Bonus Bet: Ohio State Buckeyes -14.5 at Nebraska Cornhuskers. The birdie believes the Buckeyes have turned a corner and are starting to look like themselves. CJ Stroud and Treyveon Henderson are firing on all cylinders lately.
6 Bets to Avoid
1. Utah Utes -7.5 at Stanford Cardinal. The Utes have had ups and downs this season, as has Stanford. Friday night lights in Palo Alto could make for some fun but overall staying off.
2. Wake Forest +2.5 at North Carolina Tar Heels. The Demon Deacons should be offended by this line. The Tar Heels haven’t stepped up at all this year when they’ve needed to, and Wake is in the driver’s seat in the ACC sitting undefeated. Expect a lot of points.
3. Liberty Flames at Ole Miss Rebels -10.5. Hugh Freeze returns to town. Lane Kiffin has started to make the Rebels feel like they’re on the cusp of achieving what Freeze did before the bottom fell out, but he’s got 9 of 11 starters injured on the offensive side. Matt Corral and Malik Willis may be dueling for the top draft eligible quarterback in this one. Great for viewing pleasure and if healthy Ole Miss should cover easily. Key word being “if”.
4. Baylor Bears -6.5 at TCU Horned Frogs. The end of the Gary Patterson era is here. The head man in Fort Worth is done in his 21st season. A few teams have rallied behind their interim coaches, can the Frogs do the same?
5. Auburn Tigers at Texas A&M Aggies -4.5. The winner here stays alive in the SEC West, the loser is probably playing in the Citrus Bowl. Should be a fun one in College Station this weekend, but not putting any coin on it.
6. Tennessee Volunteers +0.5 at Kentucky Wildcats. The Cats are sliding and the Vols looked more competitive against Alabama than they have in years but still lost by three scores. This one is truly a toss-up, but gun to my head I’d say Hendon Hooker and Tennessee get it done.
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!